The Bernanke-Obama-Keynes Toxic Triangle Dead End @ Zerohedge In this article originally published in Forbes Mark Spitznagel explores Frédéric Bastiat’s observation: “The bad economist pursues a small present good, which will be followed by a great evil to come, while the true economist pursues a great good to come, at the risk of a small present evil.”
The Unabridged Ron Paul Guide To Being A Libertarian @ Zerohedge Ron Paul bids farewell to Congress. The libertarian, honest and constant enemy of the monetary debasement policies of the FED, honest and constant enemy of the imperial foreign policy of the USA government, constant advocate for a small government, sound currency and free markets, in his farewell speech summarizes the greatest dangers that the American people face today and impede the goal of a free society. They are five:
1. The continuous attack on our civil liberties which threatens the rule of law and our ability to resist the onrush of tyranny.
2. Violent anti-Americanism that has engulfed the world. Because the phenomenon of “blow-back” is not understood or denied, our foreign policy is destined to keep us involved in many wars that we have no business being in. National bankruptcy and a greater threat to our national security will result.
3. The ease in which we go to war, without a declaration by Congress, but accepting international authority from the UN or NATO even for preemptive wars, otherwise known as aggression.
4. A financial political crisis as a consequence of excessive debt, unfunded liabilities, spending, bailouts, and gross discrepancy in wealth distribution going from the middle class to the rich. The danger of central economic planning, by the Federal Reserve must be understood.
5. World government taking over local and US sovereignty by getting involved in the issues of war, welfare, trade, banking, a world currency, taxes, property ownership, and private ownership of guns.